Cocky, vigilante marskman.
Real Name: Chase Jonas Hansen
Nationality: United States of America
Hometown: Bedlam City, NJ
Species: Male Human
- Acrobatics: He has displayed on many occasions that he is an expert in acrobatics and often uses this skill while evading enemy fire.
- Sharpshooter: Bullseye is perhaps one of the finest archers ever known. He claims to be able to shoot 28 arrows per minute. He has a wide-variety of trick arrows, ranging from bola arrows to a grappling-hook arrow, to a time-bomb arrow to a boxing-glove arrow. He usually only uses these when he needs to, preferring to rely on time tested, simple arrows. He has the ability to disarm opponents with his bow, as well as shoot his arrows down the barrel of a gun, pierce a drop of water as it leaves the tap and can shoot any part of the human body, though he only aims to wound and not to kill when he shoots.
- Martial Arts: Due to Watchman’s training, he is proficient in several forms of hand-to-hand combat including Judo, Kickboxing and Karate. He’s shown the capacity to take on several opponents at once and even held his own against Spasm.
- Gadgets: Bullseye employs many of the same gadgets that Watchman does, such as various lights, smoke pellets, lockpicks, eaves-dropping equipment, goggles and body armor. Some of these objects have been converted into trick arrows.
- Detective Training: Bullseye is proficient in crime scene profiling techniques, such as casing the scene, collecting and analyzing evidence, et cetera.
- Interrogation: Thanks to Watchman’s training, Bullseye is adept in interrogation techniques, often using law enforcement methods as well as torture.
- Criminology: Since he was a child, Bullseye has been taught the basics of criminal psychology and profiling. He’s very good at reading people, criminals especially, and excels at predicting their movements and actions.
Bullseye is cocky, smarmy and a little reckless. He’s been in the life since he was eight-and-a-half years old and of everyone on the team, he’s easily the most experienced at the job. With an affable, charming personality Bullseye is quick to make friends.
He served as a lighter foil to his mentor for years and he’s very comfortable in his capacity as his partner. However, he’s discovering that finding his place on the team of sidekicks to be a little trickier. He’s continually had to step up to act as a leader for the group due to his experience in the field, a position he’s not entirely comfortable in.
In the field, Bullseye is confident and always seems one step ahead of his opponents, thanks to his extensive study of psychology and criminology. He makes excellent use of stealth and intimidation tactics and despite his amazing precision with a bow, he’s nearly as skilled at hand-to-hand or melee weapon combat. This makes Bullseye an invaluable swiss army knife of a teammate, able to fit himself into any position that needs to be filled depending on the needs of the mission. He’s also very adaptable and resourceful, making use of his environment in creative ways to overcome his enemies and fulfill his mission.
Under his carefree, cocky demeanor, Bullseye is driven and determined, and has a surprising dark side plagued by psychosis and insomnia. He has an almost pathological need to prove himself and remain “useful” as a member of the team. He trains constantly in his free time. Watchman has trained him from childhood for “the mission” and that has taken its toll on him. The things he’s seen and done have given Bullseye a degree of PTSD and caused him to develop insomnia.
Despite this, Bullseye loves the job and there’s nothing else he’d rather be doing with his life than helping people and stopping psycopaths and supervillains. He’s a good team player, a brilliant criminologist and an expert combatant. Altogether, he’s a weapon made for the war he’s fighting and he’s going to need to find balance if he wants to succeed as a vigilante outside of his mentor’s shadow.
Chase Jonas Hansen was born in Bedlam City to a prostitute who named him after her deceased older brother. Chase’s mother was largely absent during his childhood and he was raised by his mother’s roommates and landlord as much as by his mother herself.
Despite growing up in utter destitution, Chase found ways to entertain himself by climbing buildings and exploring his neighborhood. He took to people watching and the occasional game of street baseball with the other kids. He was never good in school and read at a level three grades below where he should be, a problem he still struggles with.
When he was eight years old, he witnessed the murder of his mother at the hands of supervillain Jack ’O Lantern. Jack left the boy alone and he remained in the apartment until the vigilante Watchman showed up. Chase helped Watchman find Jack and afterward, was taken in to live with Watchman in his lair in an abandoned subway tunnel.
From then on, Chase was trained to one day assist Watchman on the streets as his “lieutenant” in his war on crime. He was taught several forms of martial arts and melee combat, as well as crime scene analysis and criminology, a subject at which Chase excelled. But his standout skill seemed to be marksmanship—thrown weapons, bow and arrow, it didn’t matter; he was a natural with any ranged weapon he got his hands on. As he grew older, he went from manning Watchman’s computer to running recon and surveillance assignments in the field, to helping him develop criminal profiles and examine crime scenes.
Finally, when he was fourteen years old, Watchman gave him the clearance to assist him in the field directly. He presented Chase with his own suit of armor, a custom-made compound longbow and batch of gadgets and trick arrows that Chase would continue to expand on as time went on.
Since then, Chase has assisted Watchman nearly every night fighting crime in the unruly, chaotic streets of Bedlam City. Thugs, drug dealers, cops, supervillains and everything in-between have served as his targets and he fought unwavering at Watchman’s side through it all.