Electrokinetic member of the Sea Kings.
Real Name: Jamie Davis
Nationality: United States of America
Hometown: Liberty City, NY
Species: Male Paragon
The Eel possesses the ability to bodily generate electrostatic energy which he can release or harness for a number of effects. He is powered by the micro-fine rhythmic muscle contractions that normally regulate body temperature. His body can generate electricity at a rate of about 10,000 volts per minute, up to his maximum storage capacity of 10,000,000 volts. At that point, his body automatically stops producing electricity. As he expends his electrostatic energy, his body automatically begins to recharge the stores. The Eel can mentally control the amount of electricity he discharges, anywhere from a single volt to his full 10,000,000 volt charge at once, though doing that leaves him drained and unable to even stand. At ten to thirty feet, his maximum charge is more than enough to kill a man. The Eel can also use his body as a transformer, touching an outside power source (such as a generator) and channeling it through his body for use. The amount of electricity he can transform above his body’s maximum storage capacity is unknown.
- Lightning Bolt Projection: The simplest manifestation is the emission of a lightning bolt with a electric arc from his fingertips, which can propagate through air or other conducting mediums. This discharge, whose total voltage can be regulated within certain limits, travels at the speed of lightning, about 150,000 feet per second. The course of the electrostatic bolt, like lightning, does not always follow a straight line since it may be influenced by conducting substances like metal or other electrical fields. If his target is not grounded, his electrostatic bolt will have little effect. The maximum effective range of his bolts is about 100 feet.
- Electromagnetic Propulsion: The Eel can propel himself along the accompanying magnetic lines of force in objects that have great electrical potential, such as high-tension electrical lines. He generates light, eddying electrical fields around his legs, which develops an intense, opposing magnetic field that can support him above the electric cable’s magnetic field. By creating imbalances in his field, he can ride along on magnetic ripples at speeds of up to 140 miles per hour, the maximum speed at which he can still breathe unaided. He can sometimes create electrostatic bridges to traverse upon, although the expenditure of energy is enormous. To a limited degree, he can also mimic a wall-crawling ability, using his electromagnetic field to become attracted to the fields of iron bars in buildings.
- Electrical Detection: The Eel’s electrical powers also grant him certain sensory and manipulative abilities. By “feeling” the course of electricity through the circuitry of any electrically-powered device, the Eel can override the system and make the device obey his mental commands. The Eel can disconnect alarm systems, control computers in a limited way, or overload any electrically controlled system that is insufficiently shielded.
- Electocution: The electric flux of the Eel’s skin is such that when his electric charge is at a maximum, a person touching him is in danger of being electrocuted.
- Electrical Conversion into Enhanced Physical Attributions: The electricity coursing through his altered body augments his strength, speed, and recuperative powers.
- Electricity Immunity: The Eel’s body is immune to the effects of its electricity and that of other sources as well. Hence, the Eel cannot be electrocuted no matter how great the voltage.
- Electrical Absorption: By absorbing an external electrical power source to recharge his body’s energy reserves, he could expend electrical energy indefinitely without diminishing his personal reserves.
- Charging: The Eel can charge himself up to reach high maximum voltage. Here he can grow in height to an enormous humanoid looking creature made up of nothing but electricity.
The Eel is a member of the Sea Kings and is, without contest, their most powerful member, though he lacks the mental ability to really use his powers to their full potential.
As a former gangbanger, the Eel is very loyal and used to working as a group to achieve their goals. He’s a simple man who enjoys simple pleasures, with the acquisition of cash and power most important to him. However, he is a practical man, able to recognize when the odds are against him, as seen when he surrendered to the sidekicks in San Angelo when it was 1 against 4.
Jamie was born to a typical middle-lower-class family in the Liberty City. He had a bunch of behavioral problems from an early age. He never stepped over the line into criminality but he was reprimanded a lot.
In 2003, he experienced his Awakening after being shot by a mugger. His powers awoke and saved his life. Over time, he learned to master his powers but his life would never be the same. He quickly used his new abilities to steal, killing cops and innocents alike (though mostly by accident). He was eventually arrested after a battle with the hero Hyperion.
In jail, he met Darnell Winslow and Horatio Garcia—villains by the names of King Crab and MANtaray, respectively—and together, they watched each others’ backs. When Dr. Nefarious caused a mass jailbreak in 2004, Jamie escaped with his new friends and they formed a villain team called “The Sea Kings”, which was when he changed his name from “Turbine” to “the Eel”, to better fit the theme.